How to fix debugger recognize ipad mini 6 as 1024 x 768?

This is probably an extend/ follow up of https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/697442.

I have an app that is built based on iPad mini 5 (1024x768) and have been working fine. Recently I am working on to make it compatible to iPad mini 6 which it has two empty bars top and bottom. (Same as the issue the above thread is facing)

The debugger recognizes iPad mini 6 as 1024x768 but it should be 1133x744. I have searched online and tried below:

• Turn on/ off UIRequiresFullScreen in info.plist
  • change storyboard source code 1133x744
  • switch "view as" on story board (it automatically change source code to the size but when I run it, same issue still occur)

Is there a special step that I am missing after making a change to the storyboard on xcode and deploy to the device from visual studio? I do make sure the change go through to visual studio before I start to rebuild and run by comparing source code.

I am super new to ios app development so may be missing something very simple. I am using real devices for testing (both iPad mini 5 and mini 6), they both on ios 16.1.1. I am using xcode 14.1 and visual studio to build and deploy to the device.

Accepted Reply

Manage to fix it! My app was developed relatively old. Apple introduces the Launchscreen. storyboard long ago which I don't have. It is seems fine until the resolution of iPad change Adding a Launchscreen. storyboard and reference it in info.plist fix the app size issues.

Replies

Manage to fix it! My app was developed relatively old. Apple introduces the Launchscreen. storyboard long ago which I don't have. It is seems fine until the resolution of iPad change Adding a Launchscreen. storyboard and reference it in info.plist fix the app size issues.