[Issues] watchOS 9.4 beta: February 16, 2023 Build 20T5222g

• watchOS 9.4 Beta 2 is out now. I’ll downloaded in a few and report back stability.’

Add a Comment

Apple Recommended

Replies

I can confirm I'm seeing the issues reported by @areapa058 on my Apple Watch Ultra too:

• unresponsive touchscreen when trying to access Control Center, when trying to adjust the brightness of the screen, or when rotating the Digital Crown anywhere;
  • unresponsive Digital Crown: the haptic feedback works occasionally, but it's not consistent;
  • widgets not loading with major delays (3-5 minutes for the homescreen widgets to finish loading content after turning on the Apple Watch);
  • frequent reboots, even when the Apple Watch is not being used;
  • notifications aren't coming through -- Notification Center remains empty;
  • "Wake on Crown Up" doesn't work anymore;
  • "Wake on Wrist Raise" triggers the watch face to wake after a delay of 2-3 seconds;
  • Apple Pay doesn't work anymore in this build: Wallet either shuts down or goes in the background when double-clicking the side button to pay, making Apple Pay unusable on the watch;
  • the "Action button" causes the watch to freeze regardless of which action it's linked to (start a workout, start Backtrack, etc.); the only way to get out of this screen is to hard-reboot the watch.
  • I concur. Everyone one of these issues listed above I’m having the exact same problems. The screen freezing were simply trying to check the battery time still available is the worst. How on earth did know one check that before releasing 9.4? It’s the most basic of options on any electronic device especially a watch.

Add a Comment

Other issues:

• Apple Pay not working: “Updating Cards. Apple Pay will be available when updates are complete.”
  • Use of Action Button makes the watch unresponsive.

Oh man, this is definitely not the experience you should have having! Can you both please install the sysdiagnose profile from here: https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/?platform=watchos (see Instructions), reproduce the issues, and file Feedback? Let me know the Feedback number when you've done this, and I'll get it escalated. Thank you so much for the report!

• Thanks -- I've followed the instructions and tried to reproduce three issues:

checking Notification Center after a reboot (result: AW Ultra freezes);trying to use Apple Pay (result: AW Ultra freezes);trying to open anything from the App List (result: none of the apps from the App List open anymore).

The Action button (needed to trigger sysdiagnose) causes the watch to freeze. I've waited 20 mins now, but the logs don't appear. Is there another way we can file and escalate this feedback?

• Are there any news?

Add a Comment

Thank you for the quick response, Frameworks Engineer. Do you we to reproduce all issues and trigger a sysdiagnos each time?

• All set!!!

FB11994501 (watchOS 9.4 beta: February 16, 2023 Build 20T5222g)

• Thank you!! One round of reproducing as many issues as possible and then triggering a sysdiagnose is sufficient.

Add a Comment

Thanks -- I've followed the instructions and tried to reproduce three issues:

• checking Notification Center after a reboot (result: AW Ultra freezes);
  • trying to use Apple Pay (result: AW Ultra freezes);
  • trying to open anything from the App List (result: none of the apps from the App List open anymore).

The Action button (needed to trigger sysdiagnose) causes the watch to freeze. I've waited 20 mins now, but the logs don't appear. Is there another way we can file and escalate this feedback?

• Action button is not needed to trigger a sysdiagnose. Crown and side button together is the trigger.

Add a Comment

Thanks -- I have two submissions:

• FB11997109: Accessing Control Center causes watch to freeze
  • FB11997132: Pressing the crown, scrolling with the crown, or using the side button to use the watch while it’s charging causes the watch to freeze

Let me know if you need further details or submissions.

I am having exactly the same issues listed above. Also on the latest public beta in Apple Watch Ultra.

is there ANY way to go back to 9.3?

Or does resetting to factory settings may work?

I submitted another Feedback and updated comments for these two IDs:

FB11995596 FB11994501

I have not found any way to go downgrade to back. :(

I'm afraid there's no way to downgrade on your own; I've seen a few people on Reddit saying that it may be possible to book an appointment at an Apple Store and request a downgrade there, but I don't know if that's still a thing, or if they'll be able to do it for you on the spot. Also, I can confirm that resetting to factory settings does not work. Two things I've noticed: (1) if, like me, you're precious about your move/exercise/stand streaks, keep an eye on your watch throughout the day: the tracker seems to get stuck at random times, so for the next ~2 weeks (until we get a new update that will bring our Apple Watch Ultras back to "normal") you may see a few gaps in your activity, gaps that may last hours; (2) if you have a Sleep schedule that turns on automatically, you may want to turn that off for now: when it's on, there's a higher likelihood that the sleep tracker will cause the watch to freeze overnight, and in the morning your watch may freeze as it transitions out of the Sleep focus. For now, I'll use a sleep tracker on my phone instead.

Any updates on this, Apple Framework Engineer?

I am also interested if there are any updates? Apple Watch ultra is currently unusable

Will there be an emergency update this week? This is also damaging the battery. How did they release this as a public beta?

• I'm also wondering. Since installing the public beta and noticing all the bugs and issues that have made my Apple Watch Ultra totally unusable and potentially damaging the battery as you mention, I've somehow managed to turn it off and it's standing on the table for almost a week now.

Add a Comment

You can add FB12003393 to the list of duplicates

• As far as I know, no updates so far. I submitted feedback reports three times. The Apple Watch Ultra has been really difficult to use due to all the issue with the most recent beta.

Add a Comment