Waiting for first unlock

This questions appears many times here but there has not been a proper response. Assume that the watch is in developer mode. That the phone and the watch are already unlocked. The issuer persists. Perhaps someone at Apple can explain the life cycle for this connection and provide a fool proof way of running the code with the watch connected to Xcode through the iphone.

Help here will improve productivity dramatically.

Thank you

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of williamrisona Down vote post of williamrisona
2.0k views

Replies

The best path forward here is to not set a passcode on the watch you plan to develop on. Aside from that, the workaround to get out of state when you've unlocked the watch and phone but Xcode thinks you haven't is to disconnect and reconnect the phone, then unlock both devices again.

• This response made me chuckle! But yes I second that this happens quite a bit for me. Never on my development device without a passcode set, often on the other. Hopefully this might get fixed one day 🤞

Add a Comment

I had the same issue. I tried not setting a passcode on my watch (not a great option), toggling Developer Mode on my phone, restarting my watch, and disconnecting and reconnecting my phone to my MacBook. In the end, closing and opening Xcode fixed the issue for me. After that I added a passcode back to my watch. I don't know if anything other than closing and opening Xcode was necessary. Now if I could only stop the "Trust This Computer?" from popping up on my phone and "Could not back up the iPhone" from popping up on my MacBook every time I reconnect my phone...

Same issue here - XCode 14.3 B3 IOS 16.4 (20E5239b) - iPhone 12 Mini WatchOS 9.4 (20T5249a) -- Series 6

So many years passed and it's not fixed yet. Unbelievable.

Same issue and I hate Apple