How to sign and notarize a kext

How to sign and notarize a kext? Any body could help me to finish it? I already wrote a apply to enable my develop account kext sign ability,but i dose not recieve any response. Help!

Add a Comment

Replies

How to sign and notarize a kext?

There are two parts to this:

• Signing and packaging

• Notarisation

I’ll tackle each in turn.

With regards signing and packaging, you wrote:

I already wrote a apply to enable my develop account kext sign ability,but i dose not recieve any response.

That’s step 1 here. You won’t be able distribute your KEXT without a KEXT-enabled Developer ID signing identity. See KEXT Code Signing Problems.

Once you have that, signing and packaging a KEXT is the same as for any other bundled code. For detailed advice on that front, see:

On the notarisation front, there’s nothing special about notarising a KEXT. Once you have it signed and packaged, you submit your file to the notary service using notarytool. See Customizing the notarization workflow.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I appreciate you very much,let me see the light. We are stucking at the step 1 that KEXT-enabled Developer ID signing identity. We have applyed it from https://developer.apple.com/contact/kext/ at last week. We does not have any reponse from apple,at the same time, I rewrote the info to apply it again yesterday. from now on ,we do not known how many days will we get the reponse and what the next shall we do ?

last week

I’m not involved in the KEXT approval process but, based on experience shared by other developers here on DevForums, my understanding is that it takes a lot longer than a week. Think months, not weeks.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"