Weatherkit Authorization Failed 401

I have recently been getting 401 authorization failed from weatherkit in swift. I have an app in production that had always worked well with weatherkit but recently it has been failing. It has worked well for months and with no changes started to fail. Getting attribution works fine but im assuming that does not require any authorization.

what I have done:

• Checked that both weatherkit capabilities are checked in the app’s identifier on my apple developer account
  • double checked that my developer account is active
  • created a fresh identifer with proper capabilities and waited an hour then tried to get data from weatherkit. Still failed.

Is anyone coming across the same issue? Or maybe it’s possible that my developer account is not authorized for weatherkit for some reason? I’m really at a loss here on why it’s failing.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of isaacpasc Down vote post of isaacpasc

Replies

same here

Same here.

Me too. I messed around with profiles to no use.

Although the System Status indicates that everything is okay, clearly this is not true.

Since yesterday, I've noticed the same failure. I also tried deleting and re-creating the profiles and app capability unsuccessfully

[WeatherDataService] Received authentication failure for request. And the 401 status code later in the error log.

Ive logged a bug on this on the Feedback app.

My weather requests are now working properly.

• How did you fix the issue? Mine still fail.

• Same here, did nothing.Probably there was a glitch at their services and somebody fixed it at the backend.

• No changes were made to the app related to weather requests. They just started to work again.

Add a Comment

Any update? For me, still not work :/