WKWebView inline media playback issue

I have enabled inline media playback with code as below:

let config = WKWebViewConfiguration()
config.mediaTypesRequiringUserActionForPlayback = []
config.allowsInlineMediaPlayback = true
let webView = WKWebView(frame: .zero, configuration: config)

But when user touch play button on the video, it's automatically stopped the video and print out some errors as below:

2023-03-30 08:28:46.961218+0700 [22319:217776] [assertion] Error acquiring assertion: <Error Domain=RBSServiceErrorDomain Code=1 "(originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.runningboard.assertions.webkit AND originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.multitasking.systemappassertions)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=(originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.runningboard.assertions.webkit AND originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.multitasking.systemappassertions)}>
2023-03-30 08:28:46.961404+0700 [22319:217776] [ProcessSuspension] 0x14dfe8820 - ProcessAssertion: Failed to acquire RBS assertion 'WebKit Media Playback' for process with PID=22415, error: Error Domain=RBSServiceErrorDomain Code=1 "(originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.runningboard.assertions.webkit AND originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.multitasking.systemappassertions)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=(originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.runningboard.assertions.webkit AND originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.multitasking.systemappassertions)}
2023-03-30 08:28:46.966357+0700 [22319:217776] [assertion] Error acquiring assertion: <Error Domain=RBSServiceErrorDomain Code=1 "(originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.runningboard.assertions.webkit AND originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.multitasking.systemappassertions)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=(originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.runningboard.assertions.webkit AND originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.multitasking.systemappassertions)}>
2023-03-30 08:28:46.966553+0700 [22319:217776] [ProcessSuspension] 0x14dfe8870 - ProcessAssertion: Failed to acquire RBS assertion 'WebKit Media Playback' for process with PID=22319, error: Error Domain=RBSServiceErrorDomain Code=1 "(originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.runningboard.assertions.webkit AND originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.multitasking.systemappassertions)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=(originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.runningboard.assertions.webkit AND originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.multitasking.systemappassertions)}
2023-03-30 08:28:46.968951+0700 [22319:217776] [assertion] Error acquiring assertion: <Error Domain=RBSServiceErrorDomain Code=1 "(originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.runningboard.assertions.webkit AND originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.multitasking.systemappassertions)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=(originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.runningboard.assertions.webkit AND originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.multitasking.systemappassertions)}>
2023-03-30 08:28:46.969615+0700 [22319:217776] [ProcessSuspension] 0x14dfe88c0 - ProcessAssertion: Failed to acquire RBS assertion 'WebKit Media Playback' for process with PID=22422, error: Error Domain=RBSServiceErrorDomain Code=1 "(originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.runningboard.assertions.webkit AND originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.multitasking.systemappassertions)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=(originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.runningboard.assertions.webkit AND originator doesn't have entitlement com.apple.multitasking.systemappassertions)}

What's the solution for this issue? Please help!

This issue happens on iOS 16.2 or later. Old iOS versions still print errors as above but the video can play as well. Any body have solution for this issue?

After detect this issue, it only occur with the play button (red area in the attached image), the play button will work if we LONG PRESS on it (2 seconds or more). If you tap on other areas of the video (yellow areas in the attached image), it will work as well. This is an Apple bug and hope it will be fixed in the new iOS version.

Unfortunately all I can add is a "me too". I'm hitting this same problem. I'm using the latest iOS 16.5, though I saw it on earlier versions too. For me it seems to happen randomly. If I play enough videos, it will happen eventually. In my case I can force it to happen without a direct press on the play button at all, if I turn on autoplay on my site and simply scroll down my web page.

me too

WKWebView inline media playback issue

Q