Weatherkit Rest API 500 errors this morning

Is anyone else experiencing an increase in response times and number of 5xx errors when calling weatherkit Rest API this morning?

I didn't look at why my requests were failing (error code/ timing out) - but yes. For about an hour this morning I don't seem to have gotten many 200 responses from the API.

The API remains unreliable. It cannot be used for production without a backup weather source in place.

It doesn't help that we don't get any information from Apple other than number of requests (response time? return code? hello?). And that WeatherKit always just shows "Green" as its status.

We are seeing most calls returning a 502 or 503. The calls that do return have very slow response times.

Yes it's same to me and makes me crazy

Both api and Apple's Weather app look down for me.

Had to switch to Weatherkit recently to replace DarkSky calls. Over the last few days I've experienced slow responses and 5xx errors too. It's a shame because I've had no problems using DarkSky in the past, and their status page was actually transparent. Apple's status page has only shown green for Weatherkit over this last week. I rely too much on weather data for this to be acceptable. Thankfully my integration with Weatherkit at this point is small, should be straightforward to move to something like Azure Weather.

Why is Weatherkit system status GREEN?

Why is WeatherKit a hot mess?

Why hasn't apple SAID ANYTHING to reassure developers that they know it's a hot mess over the last months?

Why is Apple shutting down Dark Sky without having the promised replacement in place?

As of a few minutes ago it does seem that there is acknowledgement of the issue on the Apple Status page - https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

Seems to be widespread as the weather app on my phone isn't really working either.

Wish for a bit more stability, but it's nice to see at least an acknowledgement that there is an issue. 🥹

The issue is repeating today! As I observed the issue it mostly success with responding requesting again with same request parameters after 15 seconds later after getting error.

Does anyone know if Apple have SLA requirements in their services? This is getting ridiculous…

I am also seeing a lot of 502 Bad Gateway errors as well as very slow responses. Our app is set to timeout after 7 seconds since when it's working well the responses are typically 100 - 300ms response times. So we are seeing a lot of timeouts after waiting 7 seconds as well. Today seems to be the worst it's been in a whle.

Weatherkit Rest API 500 errors this morning

Q