Safari developer tools keeps to open console in a row of elements tab

Hello, since the update to macOS enter 13.3 (few days ago) I'm experiencing a new behavior in Safari developer tools. I guess it's an unexpected behavior and I can't find the way to stop it.

When I open developer tools (default elements tab) and I start to inspect an element in the page, a new row appears automatically in the bottom part of elements tab; this row is related to the console (which is normally in the other tab).

If I close that row by the proper button. Each time I inspect something else on the page, it appears again.

How can I disable this feature? I find no setting for this in the developer tools settings. Keep in mind that this behavior started to appear just after the update to macOS 13.3. Before I has 13.2.1 and developer tools worked as expected.

I had a talk to Apple Developer Support via phone, they suggested me to open this thread here.

I attach a screenshot to show which button I'm clicking to close it.

Any help is appreciated.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Gregorio Nuti Down vote post of Gregorio Nuti
1.8k views
  • Same issue here, hopefully if enough people comment on this they'll sort it..

Add a Comment

Replies

I'm experiencing the same issue. As I open the Safari Dev Tools many times a day I find closing the console every time quite annoying 🙁.

Same issue, super annoying! Please at least provide a preference to disable this behavior.

Same issue for awhile now this year. Really need this fixed.

Not fixed in macOS Ventura 13.4 (Safari 16.5) 🙁.

Same issue for macOS Ventura 13.3.1, Safari 16.4. Very annoying :(

Hi, please remove this extra console tab below the other tab windows, which suddenly appear. its very annoying.

Same issue here. Thought it was my fault and uninstalled all safari plugins to check. Very annoying.

This is still an issue on Sonoma 14.2.1 and Safari 17.2.1