Xcode 14.3 error: can’t archive build but I can run on simulator and devices

I’ve updated Xcode to 14.3 and suddenly I can’t “archive” my build but I can run it on my real devices/simulator.

Do you have any idea about what is happening?

thank you

• Running into the same problem, also using Angular + Ionic + Capacitor

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Found this workaround on another thread that worked for me:

Solution by @vadimwe worked for me! 👍 in APPNAME/ios/App/Pods/Target Support Files/Pods-App/Pods-App-frameworks.sh replaced source="$(readlink "${source}")" with source="$(readlink -f "${source}")"

There were two instances of calls to readlink that I had to fix in the .sh file.

• where to put "source="$(readlink -f "${source}")"" exactly I have replaced it with APPNAME/ios/App/Pods/Target Support Files/Pods-App/Pods-App-frameworks.sh under build phases "[CP] Embed Pods Frameworks" but still not able to build and when i run pod install or update it returns the original one.

• Solution by @vadimwe worked for me! , Thank you for saving my time.

Add a Comment

Replies

Archive isn't working for me either since upgrading to Xcode 14.3.

Found this workaround on another thread that worked for me:

Solution by @vadimwe worked for me! 👍 in APPNAME/ios/App/Pods/Target Support Files/Pods-App/Pods-App-frameworks.sh replaced source="$(readlink "${source}")" with source="$(readlink -f "${source}")"

There were two instances of calls to readlink that I had to fix in the .sh file.

• where to put "source="$(readlink -f "${source}")"" exactly I have replaced it with APPNAME/ios/App/Pods/Target Support Files/Pods-App/Pods-App-frameworks.sh under build phases "[CP] Embed Pods Frameworks" but still not able to build and when i run pod install or update it returns the original one.

• Solution by @vadimwe worked for me! , Thank you for saving my time.

Add a Comment

it actually works with your workaround. Waiting for an official solution,

thanks!

This fix worked for me. Thanks!

if you update your Cocoapods version to 1.12.1 it should be fixed https://github.com/CocoaPods/CocoaPods/releases/tag/1.12.1

Add a Comment

Hold on, take a breath and do what I did after struggling all day with the problem open xcode -> Pods ->Target Support Files -> Pods-Runnder-frameworks. Open this file and search for "readlink"(cmd + f) . It should be like this

source="$(readlink "${source}")"

and replace it with

source="$(readlink -f "${source}")"

then in second place

binary="${dirname}/$(readlink "${binary}")"

replace it with

binary="${dirname}/$(readlink -f "${binary}")"

Now you are good to go to archive, happy coding