Help with GCVirtualController in portrait mode

Hey there I have been trying to temporarily implement t GCVirtualController for a game I am working on but having trouble when it comes to portrait mode. Right now I have a D-Pad with 2 side buttons on the left side and then a 4 button pad on the right side when in landscape. However when I switch to portrait mode, only the buttons on the right side are visible. I was wondering if it is possible to show both sides when in portrait mode if anyone could help! Thank you

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of KeeWhi Down vote post of KeeWhi

Replies

Hi KeeWhi

The virtual controller does not support portrait mode at this time. We are tracking this as an enhancement request, but filing your own enhancement request using Feedback Assistant helps us prioritize highly requested features.

• "The virtual controller does not support portrait mode at this time."

I think this refers specifically to an iPhone in portrait orientation? On an iPad in portrait orientation it seems to fit fine.

Programmatically, how can we determine whether there is enough space to display the virtual controller?

Related to this, I am wondering how we can determine the region(s) occupied by the standard virtual controller, in order to avoid having important content obscured by the controls?

Add a Comment