Translations of Apple Developer Docs

Hello, everyone. I'm new here, so I'm unsure if this is the right place for this inquiry.

I'm Mauricio Paternina, a beginner iOS Developer, interested in bringing Swift Development closer to Spanish speakers. I created the site for the Spanish translation of The Swift Programming Language book (which can check here) and I'm interested in translating the Apple Developer Documentation if that's possible. I noticed that the site already has Korean and Chinese translations. Are those provided by Apple directly or by some Korean/Chinese community members? Is it even possible to consider an initiative to translate into Spanish?

I appreciate any information you might be able to provide for me to guide through this initiative.

Replies

I'm unsure if this is the right place for this inquiry.

I don’t think there is a right place for this, but I’ve moved you over to DocC because it’s probably the closest.

Swift Development closer to Spanish speakers. I created the site for the Spanish translation of The Swift Programming Language book

Thanks for all that work.

I noticed that the site already has Korean and Chinese translations. Are those provided by Apple directly … ?

Yes.

I'm interested in translating the Apple Developer Documentation if that's possible.

This is sufficiently far outside of my area of expertise that I’m reluctant to offer definitive answers in public. Please drop me a line via email (my email address is in my signature, below). Make sure to reference this thread because I got a lot of email (-:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Thanks, I'll email you soon.

Add a Comment

The Korean and Chinese translations of The Swift Programming Language book are provided by community members. There does seem to be a Spanish translation, according to https://www.swift.org/documentation/#translations - maybe you could chat on the Swift Forums about it? There's a link to the appropriate subforum on that page i linked.

• Thanks but I couldn't find any guidance on the Forums. By the way, I created (and maintain) that Spanish translation you're referring to.

Add a Comment