Balancing User Experience and Privacy: Opt-in Image Storage

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on an app that allows users in the US and Canada to generate social media captions for their images using AI. The app has a feature where users can save the generated captions, and I'm considering whether or not to store the associated images on Firebase storage.

My main goal is to allow users to refer back to their images when they view their saved captions. However, I'm also concerned about potential legal issues that might arise from storing user-generated images, especially since the app is not designed for sharing these images with other users.

To give users more control over their data, I'm thinking about adding a toggle in the settings menu that allows them to choose if their images should be stored or not. I believe this could improve transparency and user satisfaction, but I'm unsure if this approach would help me avoid legal issues related to data storage and privacy for US and Canadian users.

I would appreciate any insights or suggestions from the community, especially if you have experience with similar features or legal concerns in the context of US and Canadian data protection regulations. Also, I'd be grateful for recommendations on where to seek more information or consult with professionals in this area.

Thanks in advance for your help!