Code signing entitlement question for macOS

I have a target that is intended to support both iPad and Mac Catalyst. I have the hardened runtime configuration for camera and photo library enabled in Xcode capabilities and get the following error when attempting to upload the Mac Catalyst build to TestFlight. I have been using it locally for a long time, but mostly sending the iPad version to TestFlight.

Documentation on the entitlement indicates it is appropriate for macOS from what I can tell.

Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle's signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on macOS. Specifically, key 'com.apple.security.personal-information.photo-library' in 'com.technomage.Data-Boards.pkg/Payload/DataBoards.app/Contents/MacOS/DataBoards' is not supported. (ID: 6af5bcd1-ba53-40ca-9185-c409c5647b61

Replies

That error says com.apple.security.personal-information.photo-library but the actual entitlement is com.apple.security.personal-information.photos-library (with an extra s). Are you sure this isn’t just a typo on your part?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"