Unity Shader Graph in immersive apps for Vision Pro

Do I understand correctly that to use Unity (Universal Render Pipeline) for Vision Pro's fully immersive apps, we can normally use Unity's Shader Graph to make custom shaders; but for immersive mixed reality apps, we cannot use Shader Graph anymore, instead, we have to create shaders for Unity in Reality Composer?

• How does bringing Reality Composer's shader into Unity work? Is it simply working in Unity or will it require special adaptation for Unity?
  • Are there some cases to avoid using Reality Composer, and use Unity's Shader Graph for immersive Vision apps? For instance, we may lose real-time lighting adaptation for virtual objects, but on the other hand, we will be able to use Shader Graph.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of NikitaSh Down vote post of NikitaSh
1.4k views

Replies

Check out this WWDC talk: "Create immersive Unity apps" https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2023/10088/ From the transcript: "Unity Shader Graphs are converted to MaterialX, a standard interchange format for complex materials. MaterialX shaders become a ShaderGraphMaterial in RealityKit. Many Unity Shader Graph nodes are supported, so you can create complex and interesting effects."

My understanding is that this applies to the AR apps ("Immersive" and "shared space"). For VR apps ("fully immersive"), I am hoping that all Unity shaders are supported.

Add a Comment