IOS 17- Cannot get past lock screen

Hi Everyone

Need some serious assistance, i am tried to install IOS 17 onto my iPhone XS Max. Currently already running on my iPhone 13 Pro Max, during the process of moving my files across via WIFI in the setup phase from one iPhone to the other the device did a update to IOS 17.

The device is now stuck on the Hello page showing different languages, if i try unlock the device it displays the lock screen area with your code for approximately 2 seconds and then disappears.

I cannot put my passcode in, i cannot reset the device via iTunes as it asks me to unlock the device however it does not allow me to do so.

Please assist.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Nicolas M V Down vote post of Nicolas M V
2.2k views
  • Hi, i got the same thing on my iPad Pro, i can't even do the DFU mode and i can't use my iPad. Is your problem already solved? please HMU, i have no clue with this problem :(

Add a Comment

Replies

Hello, I got the same problem as you and this is how I solved it.

1. Put the iPhone in recovery mode (connect the phone to your mac, quick press volume up then release, quick press volume down then release, then keep the power button down until a message on your mac saying your device is in recovery mode)
  2. Restore your phone : you will be back to iOS 16.5
  3. When first configuring it DO NOTrestore from your last iCloud backup, you will end up with the same stuck lockscreen
  4. Setup as new iPhone, and link your iCloud account (you will have the developper certificate installed)
  5. When the config is done and you can go to the dashboard, go to settings --> update (select iOS 17 beta profile) and update to iOS 17
  6. When iOS 17 is installed and you are back to the dashboard, go to settings --> general --> erase all
  7. You will then have a new install of IOS 17 and only now you can choose restore from your last iCloud backup

Hope it helps !