Endpoint Security Demo: 'System Extension' has been installed, but the service not start

I created a Endpoint Security the client, the System Extension have been normal load to/Library/SystemExtensions inside, and has been activated, but did not see the Extension to run, do you have who knows?

Replies

Have you applied for, and been granted access to, the Endpoint Security entitlement (com.apple.developer.endpoint-security.client)?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• I have been granted access 'com. apple.developer.endponit-securtiry.client'. Then Install the Extension, in the 'Full Disk Access 'checked my extension, and I didn't see it running in the Activity Monitor; Using 'systemextensionsctl list' on Terminal results in the extension being normal, but using 'sudo launchctl list <My TeamID> .mybundleid.Extension 'Result display:‘Could not find service "<My-TeamID>.com.xxxx" in domain for system'. Do you have any idea? Thanks for you help!

• Yeah, I added it. And use command 'systemextensionctl list' success, it reveal my extensions status is 'activated enabled'. The I use the command 'sudo launchctl list', but the result is 'Could not find service "xxxxxxx" in domain for system'. Do you know why? Thanks for you help

Add a Comment

I use 'launchctl kickStart' my extension, console reveal 'EXC_CRASHSIGKILL (Code Signature Invalid)'. My provisioning profile is 'Apple Development'. Should I use 'Developer Id Application'?

… console reveal EXC_CRASH SIGKILL (Code Signature Invalid). My provisioning profile is 'Apple Development'. Should I use 'Developer Id Application'?

Not in general. I recommend that you stick with Apple Development signing identities for day-to-day development, reserving Developer ID for products that you plan to distribute widely.

As to what’s going wrong, problems like this typically mean that your code is claiming a restricted entitlement that’s not authorised by its profile. I have a number of posts that discuss this, all hanging off Resolving Trusted Execution Problems.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Hi, I meet similar problem while trying to install a camera extension on a clean Mac.After installation with a release version container app, I can list the extension in terminal, but the virtual camera did not show up in the camera list. When install with a debug version app, the extension will ask for camera access and then virtual camera shows up. I used a Developer ID cert and same provision profile while archiving. Is there anything may cause this problem?

• In fact, the owner of my developer account has applied for this permission, and I turned off my SIP, according to the official documentation, I should now be able to test this feature, but unfortunately, my MAC is still reporting signature issues

Add a Comment