Xcode 15 Beta 2 can't find iOS 17 Beta 2 device

Upgraded to Xcode 15 Beta 2 (15A5161b) and iOS 17 Beta 2 (21A5268h) today (on an Intel Mac, running macOS 13.4.1). Now Xcode no longer finds any eligible connected devices, while Finder does show the iPhone. This iPhone 11 is connected via USB and Developer Mode is turned on.

What could be wrong? How to fix it?

Accepted Reply

After I quit Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (which I have to use to connect to my company's network via VPN) Xcode does see that iPhone...

What kind of network access is required to connect over USB? (What could Cisco be blocking?)

• (for reference: already submitted as FB12416432 before I discovered quitting Cisco AnyConnect "fixes" this; updated that feedback, but still curious what Cisco is blocking)

• It's not a solution.

Add a Comment

Replies

After I quit Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (which I have to use to connect to my company's network via VPN) Xcode does see that iPhone...

What kind of network access is required to connect over USB? (What could Cisco be blocking?)

• (for reference: already submitted as FB12416432 before I discovered quitting Cisco AnyConnect "fixes" this; updated that feedback, but still curious what Cisco is blocking)

• It's not a solution.

Add a Comment

@phirk i have the same issue with cisco anyconnect. I actually had a 1 on 1 lab session with the xcode team during WWDC regarding this. They changed the stack from previous xcodes to a new stack called CoreDevice i belive. its mosty a network connection, so when cisco connects it 'kills' those devices and immediatly on cicsco disconnect it sees them again. Its a pain to have to disconnect to be able to debug on a device. i also submitted a feedback with as many details as possible about our cisco setup. They are looking into it, but it might not be a Apple thing. It could be Cisco Anyconnect and it also could be how its setup at your workplace. So as of right now its kinda an outstanding issue with no solution atm.

• Which version of Cisco AnyConnect do you have? Our org obviously has a different setup, since quitting (even uninstalling) doesn't let devices show up in Xcode unfortunately.

Add a Comment

In our case it was Check Point Firewall.app that was blocking the device pairing process. Unfortunately we had to find this by a long trial and error process since there was no proper logging from Xcode (even with verbose logging enabled).

For me it was trip mode. XCode 15 Beta 3, shows no indication it's downloading anything, but nsurlsessiond along with its startup indicated that it is downloading several GB.

We have the same issue with Cisco Any Connect 4.10.* and Xcode Beta 4 + macOS Ventura 13.4.1 - when Cisco process connect to vpn - you can't debug on device, there is no option to connect it when. On previous xcode everything work correctly, any info about this bug? it's Apple issue or Cisco issue?

Based on Xcode 15 release notes, this is a known issue that does not seem to be on Apple's plate:

"Xcode 15 may not be able to communicate with devices running iOS 17+ and tvOS 17+, and Apple Watch devices paired to an iPhone running iOS 17+ with certain VPNs active. (110337781) (FB12243540)

Workaround: Disable the VPN to interact with the device and reach out to the VPN vendor for resolution."

• I even quitted the VPN, then restart the machine (both macboo and iphone). I still can't connect. Can someone from Apple help??

Add a Comment

Apple was so disgusting for that our compay network only can be reached by a VPN,so I can't communicate with xcode15 when I want to reach my company private server.

Add a Comment