Gyroscope sensor control permissions

I would like to offer some suggestions to enhance the user experience on iOS devices. Recently, I have noticed that some applications utilize the gyroscope sensor to trigger ad browsing or other actions. However, this feature can lead to accidental activations, causing inconvenience for users.

I would like to propose the addition of a feature in future iOS versions that allows users to control the usage of the gyroscope sensor. This way, users can decide whether to grant access to the gyroscope sensor for applications based on their preferences. Such a control option would empower users to better manage the behavior of their devices and applications, resulting in an improved user experience and satisfaction.

By providing users with the ability to control gyroscope sensor permissions, you would offer greater flexibility and autonomy, while reducing the risk of accidental activations. This would be a significant enhancement for users who wish to avoid triggering ads or other actions due to unintentional device movements.

I firmly believe that as a leading technology company, you are committed to delivering exceptional user experiences. By incorporating control options for the gyroscope sensor, you would further strengthen user trust and satisfaction with the iOS ecosystem.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this suggestion. I look forward to future advancements from your team that will make iOS one of the most delightful and highly customizable mobile operating systems.

Best regards

By the way, the creators of this way of advertising won an award for it. I wanna say shameless hooligans i **** 'em

Replies

Reading through your post it seems like you’re not actually developing an app. Rather, you’re using iOS and would like Apple to add a new feature. If that’s the case, your best path forward is to file an enhancement request describing your requirements.

ps Sorry that post is so developer focused but this is Apple Developer Forums after all (-:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"