codesigning with auto-py-to-exe takes ages

Hey everyone, I've ported an app based on Python from Windows to macOS. I can run the app from command line and I was also able to make an .app file an start it on my mac using auto-py-to-exe. Now I want to codesign (and later notarize) it. To do so I set the codesign_identity option of auto-py-to-exe to my Developer ID Application and rerun it. After 2 days it was still running (and I guess collecting information on submodules of the used Python modules). Without the codesigning it takes about 5-10 minutes to build. Any ideas how I could accelerate this or what i happening here? Unfortunately, I am not able to copy the output of auto-py-to-exe while it is still running. thanks :).

Answered by DTS Engineer in 761815022

It’s hard to say what’s going on here without understanding what this third-party tools does. If you have the code for the tool, you could step through it to see where things get slow. If you don’t have the code, or aren’t prepared to debug the tool, your next step is to talk to the tool’s vendor.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Accepted Answer

It’s hard to say what’s going on here without understanding what this third-party tools does. If you have the code for the tool, you could step through it to see where things get slow. If you don’t have the code, or aren’t prepared to debug the tool, your next step is to talk to the tool’s vendor.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

codesigning with auto-py-to-exe takes ages

Q