Xcode 15 b6 - "The network connection was lost" in Simulator

Hello, I'm working on SwiftUI app where I'm trying to access ReST API. When I run may app in Simulator, I'm getting "The network connection was lost", but it's working without issues on physical device.

struct ContentView: View {
    @State var jednotky: Jednotky = Bundle.main.decode("jednotky.json")
    @State private var isOffline = false

var body: some View {
        NavigationView{
            VStack{
                List(jednotky.rootLevel, id: \.id) { item in
                    NavigationLink{
                        SoutezeView(rocnik: 2023, jednotka: item.childId, nazev: item.nazev)
                    } label: {
                        JednotkaRowView(nazev: item.nazev, childId: item.childId, parentId: item.parentId)
                    }
                }

if (isOffline) {
                    Text("Using offline data")
                }
            }
            .navigationTitle("Fotbal")

}.onAppear{
            Task{
                await loadData()
            }
        }

}

func loadData() async {
        let url = URL(string: JEDNOTKY_URL)!
        var request = URLRequest(url: url)

guard let authData = (USERNAME + ":" + PASSWORD).data(using: .utf8)?.base64EncodedString() else {
            print("Can't create authorization header")
            return
        }

request.addValue("Basic \(authData)", forHTTPHeaderField: "Authorization")

do {
            let (data, _) = try await URLSession.shared.data(for: request)
            if let temp = try? JSONDecoder().decode(Jednotky.self, from: data) {
                jednotky = temp
            }
        } catch {
            print("Cannot download data, using stored sample instead")
            isOffline = true
        }
    }
}

The error in console:

nw_socket_handle_socket_event [C1.1.1:3] Socket SO_ERROR 9
Connection 1: received failure notification
Connection 1: failed to connect 1:9, reason 18 446 744 073 709 551 615
Connection 1: encountered error(1:9)
Task <103A0196-6715-429B-A5F2-79698C6E9D45>.<1> HTTP load failed, 0/0 bytes (error code: 18 446 744 073 709 550 611 [1:9])
Cannot download data, using stored sample instead
Task <103A0196-6715-429B-A5F2-79698C6E9D45>.<1> finished with error [18 446 744 073 709 550 611] Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1005 "The network connection was lost." UserInfo={_kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=9, NSUnderlyingError=0x600000c03d50 {Error Domain=kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork Code=-1005 "(null)" UserInfo={_NSURLErrorNWPathKey=satisfied (Path is satisfied), interface: en0[802.11], _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=9, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=1}}, _NSURLErrorFailingURLSessionTaskErrorKey=LocalDataTask <103A0196-6715-429B-A5F2-79698C6E9D45>.<1>, _NSURLErrorRelatedURLSessionTaskErrorKey=(
    "LocalDataTask <103A0196-6715-429B-A5F2-79698C6E9D45>.<1>"
), NSLocalizedDescription=The network connection was lost., NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://is.fotbal.cz/api/jmobile2/orgJednotky.aspx, NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://is.fotbal.cz/api/jmobile2/orgJednotky.aspx, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=1}

When I run may app in Simulator, I'm getting "The network connection was lost", but it's working without issues on physical device.

Right, whenever testing real world network functionality it is best to test on a physical device as the Simulator only provides a simulation of what the experience will look like using the Mac's networking stack. So when possibly it's always best to run your app on the set of physical devices you are targeting.

Well, that makes sense in the final stages of app development, but Simulator is supposed to mimics networking, right?

Robert

In the error description it says" HTTP load failed ". Apple wants the developers to use HTTPS and TLS 1.2 for network calls. It might work on device, But I believe this is the reason of the error.

Xcode 15 b6 - "The network connection was lost" in Simulator

Q