Multiple NSMenu issues in Sonoma

Sonoma beta release notes mention that NSMenu was rewritten from scratch using AppKit, however, it seems like a lot of behavior was removed along the way which breaks applications. I've filed several requests using Feedback Assistant, but none of them were fixed in the 3 following betas.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced similar problems and can share workarounds for them:

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of p0deje Down vote post of p0deje
Add a Comment

Replies

We are investigating all of these issues – thanks for filing them! I cannot provide any estimates for when we'll have fixes, but you should see updates to the feedback items as fixes become available in future beta releases.

• @Frameworks Engineer I also have autolayout issues, not resolved from the first beta. I have two apps with quite significant UI issues because of it.

FB13365992

• @Frameworks Engineer I made another radar: FB13365992

Add a Comment

Hey there! It seems like the NSMenuItemViewer might not be setting constrains correctly, causing some auto layout problems in more complex views where the height needs to be updated dynamically.

FB12578607

Hey! @Frameworks Engineer, are there updates or official guidance in regards to those issues with NSMenuItems on macOS Sonoma?