auval gives me bad hedaches with 3rd party framework

Hi guys, I’m building an audio unit and I need to add a 3rd party framework. Validating the AU with Logics plugin manager fails saying it could not find the framework. It says it is neither in /System/Library/Frameworks nor under @rpath. Then it was complaining that @ path expansion violates security policy.

Logic will still load the plugin fine, if I force it to use it, though, which seems weird.

Then I exchanged the @rpath reference in the AudioUnit with install_name_tool. That worked but told me that it had to break code signing. When I re-ran auval, the “not found” errors went away, but it still could not be loaded, supposedly because of the broken signing.

Btw, I could only get detailled information about auvals complaints if I ran Logic and thus the scanning process inside the debuugger. If I did the same thing outside the debugger, auval would only say something like 'could not load, result code 0xSomething' but not give me any details. In both cases Logic would still load the plugin if forced to.

What should I do here?

Cheers and thanks in advance :-)

Replies

figured it out :-) I can add a shell script build step in XCode to execute the install_name_tool modification after linking. That way, signing works and auval will accept my plugin just fine.