Macbook Pro M2 overheating and fast battery drain whilst using flutter and emulators

Hey guys, so a few days ago I bought a new mbp m2 with 16GB RAM and 512 GB SSD, I'm really enjoying the UX on it, but I bought it primarily for the powerhouse I get on the go, specifically the main reason is I'm developing using flutter, with lOS emulators running using XCode, my IDE is vsCode which is running constantly alongside Google Chrome, so basically Im mostly using vsCode, lOS emulators and google chrome, whilst Im coding my mbp gets very hot and the battery starts draining somewhat fast lasting about on average for 5 to 6 h, and even when not coding but just web browsing, watching videos, etc.. battery still holds for about 10 h. And also I need to mention that I have updated to MacOS 14 Sonoma, so my main question because my mop is basically brand new with being old just a few days, is this normal behavior or if not is there anyway to minimize the battery drain? I have checked the internet and mostly it's the same stuff, use CleanMyMac X, check using. Activity Monitor highest consumer of resources, etc.. I have done this already, but there is little to no impact on the fast battery drain, are there any other action for you to suggest to me to solve this problem. Tnx for any help in advance PS. I know that running IOS emulator, vsCode and Chrome is quite demanding.

• Did your Macbook come with a power cord?

Add a Comment