Shallow Depth and Pressure entitlement

I wrote my app with the entitlement "com.apple.developer.submerged-shallow-depth-and-pressure" and also with underwater-depth for WKBackgroundMode. All is working fine when I tested the app. When I want to put the app in the store I got the following error:

**Missing entitlement. The Info.plist for the watchOS app bundle at “Watch App.app” uses the underwater-depth value for WKBackgroundModes without the com.apple.developer.submerged-depth-and-pressure entitlement signed into the bundle. **

I wonder why the entitlement in the error message is without -shallow- and why I get this message.

Accepted Reply

I got tonight the info that it should work. I did a build and was able to distribute the app to the store :-)

Replies

I got an answer from Apple Technical Support:

"Currently, the App Store Connect validation associates the background mode only with APIs that reference full-depth data, not shallow data. Since use of full-depth data requires an entitlement you don’t have, the validation currently rejects your App Store submissions."

Currently the background mode with the shallow water entitlement will be rejected by the App Store. It's currently under discussion if they will continue with this or if they will change it.

I got tonight the info that it should work. I did a build and was able to distribute the app to the store :-)