Firewall refuses to add Python; MULTIPLE POP-UP alerts

On Sonoma I develop with gcloud and python2.7 and python3.9 from MacPorts. I always get MULTIPLE dialogue pop-ups when starting the python webserver in Terminal.app Choices are not remembered (neither block nor allow!!) I tried to solve that with socketfilterfw and codesign but it has NO effect at all. Questions like this creep around since 10 years on Stackexchange. I am searching since several hours for a solution of this problem.

Is there any solution?

20 : /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/Resources/Python.app ( Allow incoming connections )

21 : /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/Python.app ( Allow incoming connections )

sudo codesign -s - -f /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/Resources/Python.app

Various subsystems within macOS identify code using its designated requirement. See TN3127 Inside Code Signing: Requirements for a bunch of backstory about that.

The example you posted indicates that you’re using ad hoc signing, via the -s - option. Ad hoc signed code doesn’t have a DR and thus can’t be tracked by the system. I recommend that you switch to signing with a stable code signing identity. For day-to-day work like this, I recommend an Apple Development signing identity.

Be aware that, if you grant firewall access to a full-featured interpreter, like Python, then you’ve effectively disabled your firewall. Given that, it might be easier to just… well… disable the firewall.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Firewall refuses to add Python; MULTIPLE POP-UP alerts

Q