Unable to Verify "iOS 17.0.simruntime" after iOS 17.0.1 Attempted Download

After Xcode 15 update, to update my older iOS apps, Xcode says I must install the iOS 17.0 something. When I choose to install, the iOS 17.0.1 Simulator (21A342) downloads completely (~7gb) but even after 10-15 minutes the dialog Verifying "iOS 17.0.simruntime"... never progresses even once. I am unable to do anything with Xcode Because of this I am unable to build my updated iOS apps because it keeps cycles in this same loop with the same results, now 2 or 3 times.

Does this verify take hours? How can I get this to verify and get back to updating/building my iOS apps?

After force quitting Xcode, restarting my iMac, opening Xcode, it never opens, and watching it on Activity Monitor, it shows up, but then turns red as not responding x2. Sounds like my Xcode app is hosed or it is still trying to verify the simulator runtime???

I'm not sure how to completely delete and reinstall Xcode and get rid of whatever is causing it keep verifying the runtime.

An update to my comment: I opened Xcode -> Window(in top menu) -> Devices and Simulators -> + button in bottom left -> Expand OS Version menu and there was an option to "Download more simulator runtimes" and the updated runtime was available for me. (macOS 14.2.1, Xcode 15.1)

In my case I had actually downloaded iOS 17.2 on macOS 13 to test if I would have issues building my app. There was an error for this duplicate download in the "Download more simulator runtimes" menu that I had to delete before installing the version that came with Xcode 15.1.

Unable to Verify "iOS 17.0.simruntime" after iOS 17.0.1 Attempted Download

Q