Correct settings to record HDR/SDR with AVAssetWriter

I have set AVCaptureVideoDataOutput with 10-bit 420 YCbCr sample buffers. I use Core Image to process these pixel buffers for simple scaling/translation.

var dstBounds = CGRect.zero
            dstBounds.size = dstImage.extent.size
       /*  
        *srcImage is created from sample buffer received from Video Data Output 
        */
            _ciContext.render(dstImage, to: dstPixelBuffer!, bounds: dstImage.extent, colorSpace: srcImage.colorSpace )

I then set the color attachments to this dstPixelBuffer using set colorProfile in the app settings (BT.709 or BT.2020).

switch colorProfile {
            case .BT709:
                CVBufferSetAttachment(dstPixelBuffer!, kCVImageBufferColorPrimariesKey, kCVImageBufferColorPrimaries_ITU_R_709_2, .shouldPropagate)
                CVBufferSetAttachment(dstPixelBuffer!, kCVImageBufferTransferFunctionKey, kCVImageBufferTransferFunction_ITU_R_709_2, .shouldPropagate)
                CVBufferSetAttachment(dstPixelBuffer!, kCVImageBufferYCbCrMatrixKey, kCVImageBufferYCbCrMatrix_ITU_R_709_2, .shouldPropagate)

case .HLG2100:
                CVBufferSetAttachment(dstPixelBuffer!, kCVImageBufferColorPrimariesKey, kCVImageBufferColorPrimaries_ITU_R_2020, .shouldPropagate)
                CVBufferSetAttachment(dstPixelBuffer!, kCVImageBufferTransferFunctionKey, kCVImageBufferTransferFunction_ITU_R_2100_HLG, .shouldPropagate)
                CVBufferSetAttachment(dstPixelBuffer!, kCVImageBufferYCbCrMatrixKey, kCVImageBufferYCbCrMatrix_ITU_R_2020, .shouldPropagate)

}

These pixel buffers are then vended to AVAssetWriter whose videoSettings is set to recommendedSettings by VDO. But the output seems to be washed out completely, esp. for SDR (BT.709). What am I doing wrong?