ScreenCaptureKit volume is dependent on audio device as of macOS 14.2

Hello,

I develop an application called MiniMeters and am using ScreenCaptureKit to get the desktop audio on macOS. As of macOS 14.2, a few users began noticing that the volume of the incoming audio differed depending on the audio device connected.

One user's Apogee Symphony Desktop is trimmed -14dB, another user's UAD Apollo Twin is -14dB as well, my MOTU M4 is -6dB, and my MacBook Pro's internal speakers show 0dB.

This does not change with changing the output volume on the interface (obviously), nor digitally in the system.

I cannot seem to find anything documenting this change. It also affects other applications that use ScreenCaptureKit such as OBS. Does anyone have any idea what that could correlate to so I could potentially compensate?

Thanks.

• I develop an application called RussCapture. Have discovered the same problem. A 14.1 laptop does not reduce dB, 14.2 mini does. I have changed audio device settings used by assetWriter and none that I have tried solve the problem. Don't know where to go next other than just hope it fixes itself.

Add a Comment