Application Open URL not firing

In my Iphone app, I want to open json files that I have earlier saved. The function I mention below to open the file is not firing when I share a file to my app.

I have implemented this in the info.plist file and this seems to work, because in Files I can share a .json file to may app.

<key>CFBundleDocumentTypes</key>
<array>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleTypeName</key>
		<string>JSON Document</string>
		<key>LSHandlerRank</key>
		<string>Alternate</string>
		<key>LSItemContentTypes</key>
		<array>
			<string>public.json</string>
		</array>
	</dict>
</array>

I have added the function to open the file in my AppDelegate file.

func application(_ application: UIApplication, open url: URL, options: [UIApplication.OpenURLOptionsKey : Any] = [:]) -> Bool { // Handle the file at the given URL // You can perform actions based on the file type or content print("Opening file!") }

(the implementation is actually longer to work on the file).

When I share a file to my app, the app itself is opening but this method 'application' is never called.

I'm not sure whether I'm overlooking something. I have searched quite a while to see what I'm missing.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Emile

Found the solution, I should have managed this in the SceneDelegate.

func scene(_ scene: UIScene, openURLContexts URLContexts: Set<UIOpenURLContext>) { for urlContext in URLContexts { let url = urlContext.url print("Handle URL: (url)") } }

func scene(_ scene: UIScene, willConnectTo session: UISceneSession, options connectionOptions: UIScene.ConnectionOptions) { for urlContext in connectionOptions.urlContexts { let url = urlContext.url print("Handle URL: (url)") } }

Warm regards, Emile

Application Open URL not firing

Q