MacBook Pro M2 16" (2023) charging issue

I am having the similar issue with changing with my new MBP M2. Computer charged a couple of times and now on fourth battery cycle, charged from approx <25% to 50% then quit charging. Blinking amber LED on cable USB-C to MagSafe T connection with 140W power adapter. Running Sonoma 14.2.1. First three battery cycles, all charged to 100%. I will update this post with more information once I test adapter, cable and different charging scheme (to test computer)...

Replies

update 1: plugged in USB-C 87W power adapter to USB-C port on computer and battery is now being charged. Removed and plugged in original 140W and cable and battery does not charge. Computer and battery appears to be ok if charging via USB-C port on computer.

update2: Using original 140w adapter, swapped original USB-C to T cable with Usb-C to Usb-C cable and battery now charges. 140W adapter appears to be ok. Computer charges. Problem is either the USB-C to T cable or connections to computer.

We appreciate your interest in participating in the forums! These forums are for questions about developing software and accessories for Apple platforms. Your question seems related to a consumer feature and is better suited for the Apple Support Communities