How backup certificate

Hi, I have upgraded my Mac to Sonoma and for some reason I get lost now when backup up a certificate. As I wasn't able to import my old certificate (exported as p12, but this is another issue) I started from scratch.

I have created from KeyChain a new CertificateSigningRequest. Then I've uploaded it to the Apple Developer Portal and created a new certificate, that I have successfully downloaded as cer file.

Now, I would like to save the certificate, including the private key.

• From KeyChain, I don't get a Reveal option to be able to export the private key of my certificate. Was it available in old versions of KeyChain, and now not anymore? Or my certificate doesn't have the private key? (imo this doesn't make sense at all)

• So I right click on the certificate but I can't export as p12 file, with the private key:

Can please anyone refer me to the official documentation about this? (I have searched for it, but unable to find anything)

Answered by DTS Engineer in 777386022

You need to select My Certificates at the top of the Keychain Access window.

I have more details instructions for this in my The Care and Feeding of Developer ID post.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Accepted Answer

You need to select My Certificates at the top of the Keychain Access window.

I have more details instructions for this in my The Care and Feeding of Developer ID post.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Ohhh so easy - once you know how to do it!

Thank you very much for your help, really appreciated!

How backup certificate

Q