iOS simulator triggers lots of "*** quit unexpectedly" alerts

Everytime when iOS simulator is launched I het a lot of repeated "*** quit unexpectedly" alerts. Where "***" is a mix of "managedappdistributiond","healthappd", and "findmylocated"

Even after the simulator is launched I still het random "*** quit unexpectedly" alerts. Very annoying because the alerts deactivates the active window

This is on an MacBook Pro M3 Max,, Xcode 15.2, Sonoma 14.2.1, it also happens with Xcode 15.1 A co developer (MacBook Pro M1 Max,Xcode 15.2, Sonoma 14.2.1) does not have the issue

Any idea how I can prevent this from happening?

Update Every mentioned service crash happens in libswiftCore.dylib at 0x1929f3938 assertionFailure(:_:file:line:flags:) + 248

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of bitsflew Down vote post of bitsflew

Replies

I tried to uninstall completely Xcode and I ahem a cascade of crashes of managedappdistributiond findmylocated as soon as I start the simulator.

It makes testing almost impossible as those crash alert doesn't cease really to be produced. It happens even if my application is not launched on my iOS simulator.

It happens on my iMac 27" Intel and not on my MacBook Pro M1.

Xcode 15.2, Mac OS 14.3.1, simulator started with iOS 17.2

thread in managedappdistributiond and findmylocated crash due EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL) in

Thread 1 Crashed: 0 libswiftCore.dylib 0x10e157442 assertionFailure(:_:file:line:flags:) + 354 1 managedappdistributiond 0x100cca4c7 0x100c01000 + 824519

Thread 4 Crashed: 0 libswiftCore.dylib 0x10e4d8442 assertionFailure(:_:file:line:flags:) + 354 1 FindMyMessaging 0x10cb6231a 0x10cb5c000 + 25370

The same problem continues for me. I tried deleting DerivedData and completely uninstalling and reinstalling Xcode but it doesn't work. While developing, I keep getting the errors I shared below over and over again.

I was also experiencing this problem when using Xcode 14. I constantly send error reports to Apple when an error occurs, but I see that it is not resolved in Xcode 15 either.

How can I fix these errors?

I am using a Macbook Pro with M2 Pro processor. My macOS version is Sonoma 14.2.1. I am using Xcode 15.2.

This is (sorta) happening to me on my 2019 Intel MBP. I don't get alerts but I see it in Console crash report logs.

Happens when my app crashes with:

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Termination Reason: SIGNAL 4 Illegal instruction: 4
Terminating Process: exc handler [34765]
  • UPDATE:

I stopped getting this when I moved the Toolbars I had put in separate files back into their parent view struct.

I was getting this warning in the console: "Unsupported layout off the main thread for SwiftUI.UIKitToolbar with nearest ancestor view controller, SwiftUI.UIKitNavigationController" so I figured it was something to do with Toolbars but I had no idea what exactly. I had also tried using @MainActor in the Toolbar files but I just kept getting the same warning and crashes.

Add a Comment