watchOS 10 develop beta just broke his webview.

watchOS 10.4 Beta2 (21T5196d) broke its browser component! You can send youtube.com to your Apple Watch via iMessage, and then open it! Everything worked fine in the official version of watchOS 10.3; you couldn't watch videos because the Apple Watch's WebView doesn't have a video component, but you could at least browse web pages normally.

However, in watchOS 10.4, WebView is completely broken, and you can't even view the homepage recommendations or try searching for content properly — web pages refresh automatically within seconds and keep crashing repeatedly. Please revert everything back to the state of watchOS 10.3!

The minimal demonstration link to reproduce this bug:

https://ling-bucket.oss-cn-beijing.aliyuncs.com/apple/minimalVideo.MOV

Replies

I also triggered this bug on my Apple Watch Series 7!

There must be something wrong with the WebView of watchOS10.4. Fix it as soon as possible!

I also encountered such a problem when developing my watchOS App, hope Apple can fix it as soon as possible🙏 This is a problem unique to watchOS 10.4beta , there is no problem with my 10.3 beta watch

It’s terrible! There is the same problem in watchOS 10.4 Beta 2 (21T5196d), and Apple completely messed up their WebView on Apple Watch.