No option to install the VisionOS beta

I am running VisionOS 1.0.3. On the software update page, there is no option to install a beta. I don't see any setting that would enable/disable this... anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

Hello @JustMark,

Is your device in Developer Mode?

To fix this issue, you need to first go to Settings > General > Transfer Or Reset > Erase All Content and Settings, after that you should setup your Vision Pro  with iPhone to enroll beta updates, this issue happens when you setup you Vision Pro  Manually

Bumping this thread to the top of the list.

I am testing a Vision Pro for work, and I did not see the beta updates when signed into this Apple ID. I have a paid developer account.

What I had to do as a workaround was sign into a different Apple ID: specifically, a managed Apple ID owned by my organization. I happen to be a top level administrator in our Apple Business Manager instance, so I used that one.

When I sign in using that Apple ID on the Vision Pro, suddenly I can enable the beta updates for the visionOS and enroll in the "Appleseed" beta program. I updated the headset to vOS 1.2 beta 2, then signed out of that Managed Apple ID. I signed back in using my personal Apple ID.

Now, in Software Update, I am still able to receive updates. The "Appleseed" beta has a warning triangle because it isn't available to my standard developer account, so I switched to the Developer beta (not the Public beta). vOS 1.2 beta 3 is available, but it warns me that the Apple ID cannot participate in this beta program (or something to that effect).

Paid developers should not have to do anything special on the headset or in their accounts to see the betas within vOS' software update pane. In my case, my iPhones and Macs signed into this Apple ID can all see the option to enable beta updates.