.dropDestination on TableRow updated recently?

Using: @Model class Object: Observable, Transferable

TableRow(object)
.draggable(object)
.dropDestination(for: Object.self) { _ in return }

(with or without the "return") is the only .dropDestination syntax that compiles for me. Specifying the single return argument as

(droppedItems:[Account])

is tolerated

Using "return true" or expecting two returned items does not compile. I suspect the single returned item is the dropped items array, seems fair as "location" is not needed when using a TableRow. This is different behavior than all the docs and examples I've seen.

My Object is Codable and Transferable. A row can be dragged and a destination row highlights on hover-with-payload, but on drop I get a spinning wheel even though I've not specified any action yet. The action closure is not entered, even a simple print() statement is not reached.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on what might be the problem here. Debugger tips welcome, too.

swift-driver version: 1.90.11.1 Apple Swift version 5.10 (swiftlang-5.10.0.13 clang-1500.3.9.4) Target: arm64-apple-macosx14.0

My solution, which I learned from elsewhere on this forum, is just to drag the unique name property of my object as a String and then in the action closure use the name to find the dropped object. Interestingly, when I try to abstract this modifier the compiler expects the elements that prevent compilation; perhaps this would work with something more specific than some View.

struct DropableTableRowModifier: ViewModifier {
    let object: Object: 
  func body(content: Content) -> some View {
    content
      .dropDestination(for: String.self) { objectNames in
      // do things with object and objectNames
return
}
.dropDestination on TableRow updated recently?

Q