External NFC on iPad

Hello all!

I have an app (Scriptio Medication Management) that uses NFC on iPhone, and that works really well. However, I need a larger screen to satisfy customer requests (reports, etc). Because we use NFC tags to authenticate & authorize I need to stick with this tech. I cannot assume that all my customers have iPhone (we also deploy to Android) so pairing an iPad with an iPhone doesn't work for us.

I was looking at an external device such as FlowJack, but since iPad no longer has an audio port, this won't work for me. Has anyone been able to solve this type of issue?

Ideally I can find a solution that non-technical folks can attach/pair with an iPad to read NFC devices (NOT payment processing).

Thanks in advance

• Turns out the FlowJack will not work as it is strictly for POS systems.

Has anyone any ideas on how to use an external NFC reader with an iPad? There are readers such as https://store.gototags.com/cir315c-portable-nfc-usb-reader/ but they don't offer an SDK to trapping any calls being made.

Surely there is some way to scan NFC on an iPad without an iPhone?

Add a Comment

Replies

Have you tried the apple lightening to audio jack adapters? I'm thinking that worked with square's hardware that had used the audio jack.

• Thats a good idea, I didn't realize such an adapter existed - I will try that. Thank you!

Add a Comment