HomepodOS Beta Updates - Cannot Access.

Hello all,

I have purchased 4 Homepod minis which update fine to public releases, I am currently on 17.4. I was testing with Apple and a patch is in the works so I wanted to test the beta software to see if it fixed my broken functionality within my homepods.

The error message is "Loading failed, couldn't communicate with the helper application. The process was probably suspended before it could launch properly" from within the home application on my iPhone.

I can update my other Apple devices to beta software either dev releases or public betas no problem. however, with the homepods, it just is not working.

I have removed 1 of the 4 homepods hard reset it and set it up again etc to no avail.

I phoned Apple support there solution was to try a different network or give it a shot on here.

I will try a different network however I do not have another Apple device which can establish a new accessory to my home i.e. another iPhone or an iPad.

Are there any known workarounds?

I have searched previously for a solution but all I got were results relating to Xcode and people-building applications. not related specifically to the home pod or homepodOS

Sorry if this has been posted in the wrong section of these forums.

Thank you all for the help.

Antonio.

Same here. Resetting iphone or HomePod won’t work. Something’s corrupted in my account/iCloud

No help???

I have the same problem here. I've been getting that "Loading Failed..." message since 18 beta came out. I assume the idea is to let you choose which beta program you would like to load a beta for – same as with all the other devices, including tvOS. This option works fine with all the other apps.

When 17.6 came out, so far I've updated iOS, iPadOS, and tvOS successfully. But no go for HomePod OS (on iPhone). I get the "HomePod Beta Uptates" menu (under Updates in Home app settings), but never get past the "Loading Failed" error.

I've also tried it using my iPad. Same problem.

I have also reset the HomePod to factory 17.5 using the Mac, USB connection, and Finder.

When I first went to update to HomePod 17.6, I did have the option to update to HomePod 18 above the HomePod Beta Updates menu. I'm not quite ready for 18, so that's when I tried the HomePod Beta Updates menu. After resetting to factory, I no longer have that option, only the HomePod Beta Updates menu.

Help!

Interestingly enough, I have had this issue since I added two 2nd gen HomePods to my setup that already had two homepods(1 mini and 1 1st gen). At the time 18 beta was not available but I am still having the issue after updating to 18.

I am having the same issue, with an original homepod and the HomePod mini in the same setup.

Aaron from Zollotech says we got to be on Seed Program. Is this true? Something is broken for sure.

Hello all, with the iOS 18 beta 3 I am now able to get the homepods on beta using the home app on my iPhone 14 pro max, however it is only 17.6 not 18 for the homepods. according to what I've read on reddit you need to be on appleseed program to get the 18 os at this time of writing.

Anyways update to iOS 18 beta 3 - that fixed it for me :)

Cheers everyone for commenting sorry I never got back to you folks and thanks for the upvotes etc etc.

Thanks.

Checked today after the updates to the iOS 18 and MacOS 15 platforms to public betas

• I am now able to download homepod version 18 build 22j531e on all of my homepod minis.

I'm not expecting much in way of improvements or features but here's hoping.

all I had to do was opt for dev and public beta updates for every piece of apple hardware I own.

no appleseed as far as I know.

hope that helps clears things up for folks.

HomepodOS Beta Updates - Cannot Access.

Q