Can you disable Apple Pay (NFC reader)

I have a question about suppressing Apple Pay when a particular app is open. The app concerned displays a QR code which is read by a reader. Unfortunately, the reader is within the vicinity of a fixed NFC reader and is causing Apple Pay to open, stopping the QR code from being read. I’m aware that one option is to place the QR code within Apple’s Wallet where the NFC reader can be disabled, however I’ve also been told that it’s possible to resolve this without needing to pass the QR code through to the Wallet. Any suggestions welcome (moving the reader isn’t currently an option!). Thanks.

Add a Comment

Replies

I've found this on Apple's website. Is this not therefore a solution?

Suppressing the Display of Apple Pay Passes

Use this entitlement to keep your app in the foreground when operating near NFC or other RF readers. This entitlement enables the

In the entitlement’s file, add the com.apple.developer.passkit.pass-presentation-suppression key with a Boolean value of YES. You need special permission from Apple to submit apps with this key enabled. For more information, contactapple-pay-inquiries@apple.com.

As it notes, you can, with permission, suppress, meaning not disable.

Did you send an email to see if you can receive permission for your app?

You may suppress the Apple Pay while using your own app, try these solutions described here https://stackoverflow.com/a/70062471/5675986

• Does this just block Apple Pay or also NFC?

(I need to use NFC but always when I use it Apple Pay instead of NFC shows up)

Add a Comment

as I see , the post is old ,and I could not find any new information. Does it actual now or not ? I have same issue, my app should open door(NFC), when I put phone near NFC tag apple wallet app triggered.

I have HID NFC readers for the door access, I have added the Door access on the HID mobile access app. Everytime when i tap the HID NFC reader my default banking card will pop-up..

how to avoid this kindly help,,