How can I get Apple to fix a major bug that happens under specific circumstances?

This is the bug: https://forums.developer.apple.com/forums/thread/729348?answerId=780151022#780151022

This issue still happens for me. With and without VPN, with both OpenVPN and Wireguard. With and without filtering (mostly with filters though, both LuLu and Little Snitch). On two different machines, M1 and M3. It's random.

If I have to bet, there's a deadlock caused by running x86 code on Arm hardware. As a software engineer I saw cases where Intel tolerates bad multI-threading more than Arm.

Are the Apple devs working on this? This is a very serious issue that makes these very expensive laptop unusable!

At least provide a way to reset the network stack!

0  comments

It seems that the Network Extension Framework has a bug where combining VPN and Network filters causes deadlocks and timeouts in networking on irregular basis, regardless of the network interface used. This issue happens at a lower level than network interfaces. It can be either a Network Extension Framework bug or a kernel module bug. Given that the network extension frame isn't open source, I can't even debug it, which I would've happily done. Yes, even though I'm not an apple developer, but this bug is so bad that I'm happy to build MacOS components in debug mode and attach a debugger on them when the issue happens... but it's not open source.

So, we have a bug, and we need help from apple devs to fix it... what am I supposed to do? Is there a chance I can get a dev to contact me to debug this together?

What are my options?

How can I get Apple to fix a major bug that happens under specific circumstances?

Q