Adding fonts to 'Fonts provided by application' in info.plist Xcode 14.2

I have tried to add multiple fonts (ttf and otf) to 'Fonts provided by application' key. As soon as I navigate away from the 'Info' tab the 'Fonts provided by application' key disappears. Also, the fonts never show up in the console list. I have added them to the OS (Monterey) and the XCode project. I have repeatedly followed the instructions and been sure to follow the instructions to the letter. All fonts have been spelled correctly and the file extensions used where and when needed in the project. I am lost to understand this. Why would the 'Fonts provided by application' key disappear?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 789396022

That does't happen to me on Xcode 15.4 + Sonoma 14.5. The value of Fonts provided by application (or UIAppFonts , the key name) is an array, so be sure that you add your font file names one by one, as shown in the screenshot. As a result, your Info.plist should have something like this:

<key>UIAppFonts</key>
	<array>
		<string>MyFont.ttf</string>
		<string>MyFont2.ttf</string>
	</array>

Best,
——
Ziqiao Chen
 Worldwide Developer Relations.

That does't happen to me on Xcode 15.4 + Sonoma 14.5. The value of Fonts provided by application (or UIAppFonts , the key name) is an array, so be sure that you add your font file names one by one, as shown in the screenshot. As a result, your Info.plist should have something like this:

<key>UIAppFonts</key>
	<array>
		<string>MyFont.ttf</string>
		<string>MyFont2.ttf</string>
	</array>

Best,
——
Ziqiao Chen
 Worldwide Developer Relations.

Thanks for the response. I do add the fonts as shown in the screenshot. My understanding regarding the info.plist file doesn’t exist after XCode 13. Yes/ No? If so, where?

Is there anyway to add the info.plist source code to the the navigator in XCode 14.2?

Yeah, Info.plist is still there in your project, and Xcode provides a build setting to specify the location, as shown in the attached screenshot.

With today's Xcode (15.4), if you add a key in there, Info.plist will show up in the Project Navigator. You can manually add a reference to the navigator as well. Just don't reference the file in your target.

Adding fonts to 'Fonts provided by application' in info.plist Xcode 14.2

Q