ITMS-90863: Macs with Apple silicon support issue (iCloud library)

Recently I started getting emails from AppStoreConnect when I submit new builds The email states:

ITMS-90863: Macs with Apple silicon support issue - The app links with libraries that aren’t present in macOS: /usr/lib/swift/libswiftCloudKit.dylib

I can run this app on apple silicon from TestFlight or directly from Xcode and it runs just fine including all iCloud functions. This app has been using iCloud for several years now.

So my question is: Should I just ignore the email or do I need to change something to bring this app into compliance?

For what its worth, I don't have that library at that location on my personal or work apple silicon mac.

For what its worth, I don't have that library at that location on my personal or work apple silicon mac.

Right. That’s because the library has been rolled into the dynamic linker shared cache. See this post for an explanation.

You confirm this using the dyld_info tool, which is aware of the shared cache. On my system the file isn’t present:

% ls -l /usr/lib/swift/libswiftCloudKit.dylib
ls: /usr/lib/swift/libswiftCloudKit.dylib: No such file or directory

but dyld_info is able to ‘see’ in in the shared cache:

% dyld_info -platform /usr/lib/swift/libswiftCloudKit.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftCloudKit.dylib [arm64e]:
    -platform:
        platform     minOS      sdk
           macOS     14.4      14.4   
     MacCatalyst     17.4      17.4  

As to why App Store Connect is complaining about it, I’ve no insight into that )-:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

ITMS-90863: Macs with Apple silicon support issue (iCloud library)

Q