Hello,
We are reaching out asking for help reaching someone who can investigate an unresolved App Review situation and unanswered support requests.
Across our original submission and resubmission, we have been unable to deliver important iOS updates for 1 month. During this period, an SMS-pumping incident forced us to suspend phone-number registration. Additional client-side protections are ready, but we cannot get them to App Store users while the current submission remains unresolved.
Brrro is a startup that reached number one on the Greek and Cypriot App Stores, including Greece’s overall chart and Social Networking category. We have a growing user base, ongoing press interest, and users waiting for fixes we have already completed. This delay is materially affecting our ability to operate and has forced us to postpone our marketing campaign.
App details:
App: Brrro – Secure Messenger
Apple ID: 6756784288
The timeline and outstanding issues are as follows:
Our original update was rejected after more than two weeks of waiting, under Guideline 2.3.1(a). The rejection cited a game accessed through a hidden entrance,
alongside the app’s decoy PIN, alternate icons, and user-triggered data-deletion features. It also included an extended-review warning.
We addressed the game’s discoverability by making it accessible through a clearly labeled Games entry in Settings instead of the triple-tap entrance. We also explained the purpose and discoverability of the user-configured privacy and security features.
The earlier submission was withdrawn, and version 4.0.1 was submitted on 24 September. It entered In Review on 25 September and remains there as of 5 October.
We submitted an expedited-review request and contacted support, including follow-ups. We have not received a substantive response explaining the outstanding concern or what action is required from us.
During this delay, an SMS-pumping attack generated thousands of dollars in verification charges. We suspended phone-number registration and prepared additional client-side verification protections. These are not included in the 4.0.1 build currently under review;
We need assistance with both the unresolved review and the lack of communication.
Could an Apple representative please help confirm:
Whether our case remains open and which team is handling it.
Whether the current submission remains subject to extended review.
Whether any specific feature, documentation, or reviewer-access issue requires action from us.
How we can arrange direct contact with App Review and receive a substantive next step.
Whether any unresolved concern could also affect subsequent security updates, and what we need to do to resolve it.
If a feature needs changing, we are available to act immediately once the requirement is clearly explained. We can also provide reviewer access, a walkthrough, submission screenshots, and incident evidence through a private support channel.
We need a concrete response so that we can deliver fixes to our users and plan the operation of our business.
This is hurting us as a startup and might even drive us out of business
Brrro Team