iOS 18 developer beta: Writing Tools

Based on the session content, it seems that setting the TextView property writingToolsBehavior = .complete should bring up the writing tools bottom panel view. However, it does not appear to be working. Is this a feature that will be added in a future update, or is there something additional I need to do?

Test on: XCode 16.0 beta (16A5171c), iOS Simulator 18.0 Beta, iPhone 11 Pro iOS 18.0 Beta

Can't find a way to enable it. but the video talks like the API is already available. something is weirdly off.

.complete means that Writing Tools will attempt to provide complete behavior, but other things may make it impossible, and the actual behavior may be downgraded.

One example would be a UITextView where isEditable is false. In that case, even if .complete behavior is requested, the actual behavior will be .limited

Another example is a custom UIView conforming to UITextInput. The .complete functionality isn't yet available in that case and it would be downgraded.

Please send feedback requests for API and behavior enhancements you require

@Frameworks Engineer I am facing same problem, I tried with UITextField, UITextView and even swift ui, I don't get writing tools option.

I'm using UITextView, which is editable and I've set writingToolsBehavior = .complete as mentioned in API reference. Yet Writing Tools doesn't appear in a context menu. Xcode 16.0 beta 2 (16A5171r), iOS Simulator 18.0 Beta, iPhone 15 Pro Max iOS 18.0 Beta

iOS 18 developer beta: Writing Tools

Q