My UITextView just allows to add text at the end

I‘m using a UITextView to allow users to post messages in AR in my app virtual tags - you may check by yourself, it is free - but it just allows to append text at end with no possibility of moving the cursor or do everything else. I opened a new project adding a UITextView and everything worked fine. What could it be, and how to know more?

thanks, Fabrizio

Answered by Frameworks Engineer in 790853022

I opened a new project adding a UITextView and everything worked fine.

This sounds like you tried to prepare a sample app to demonstrate the problem and then didn't hit the problem. Is that the case?

Can you compare the code that is running into trouble with your sample app?

That might tell you either what you need to correct in your code or else how to refine your sample app to demonstrate the issue.

You might also find it helpful to review the UITextView and UITextInput headers. There are a lot of configuration knobs for UITextView!

Finally, if you do manage to isolate the issue in a sample app and believe it's a bug in UITextView, don't forget to file a feedback report.

It'd be a lot easier to help you if you posted the relevant code than trying to analyze the situation by downloading and using your app.

I opened a new project adding a UITextView and everything worked fine.

This sounds like you tried to prepare a sample app to demonstrate the problem and then didn't hit the problem. Is that the case?

Can you compare the code that is running into trouble with your sample app?

That might tell you either what you need to correct in your code or else how to refine your sample app to demonstrate the issue.

You might also find it helpful to review the UITextView and UITextInput headers. There are a lot of configuration knobs for UITextView!

Finally, if you do manage to isolate the issue in a sample app and believe it's a bug in UITextView, don't forget to file a feedback report.

My UITextView just allows to add text at the end

Q