NSTableView cells disappear on macOS Sonoma

Hi, i have an old popover status bar mac app that i didn't check in the past few macOS releases, so don't know when the problem appeared. On Sonoma i have the following problem:

All NSTableViews cells when they are reused the second time, they are blank. The cells are of type view and only one column. If i investigate in the Xcode's view hierarchy I indeed see no subviews in the cell, but if i print the subviews and their frames and their visibility, they are there alright, they exist.

All the cells are instantiated from nib and I tried few strategies to use them:

1. register the cell in the tableview and load it with tableView.makeView(withIdentifier: )
  2. no registration, just load them from xib and keep a reference to their instance and feed that to the table when asked
  3. no registration, load them from xib when the table asks. This solution actually works but i really need a reference to them that doesn't change, it's a settings screen and someone else is feeding some info to this cells.

I'm stuck, I have no idea what is happening, can you think of something? Thanks!

NSTableView cells disappear on macOS Sonoma

Q