Change in title bar behavior in Catalyst app when building under Xcode 16

I'm running into a change in behavior with the title bar when building our Catalyst app under Xcode 16 versus what we are seeing with the same code built under Xcode 15.

The title bar is hidden, as it should be in the Xcode 15 build. However, when building the same project under Xcode 16, the title bar is shown with the center contents of the navigation bar in the right pane being duplicated in the title bar (see screenshot at the end), which is undesirable.

The screenshots for both builds were taken in macOS Sequoia Beta Seed 1. The Catalyst Interface setting is configured to "Optimize for Mac" in the project file.

The scene's titlebar.titleVisibility property is set to .hidden, titlebar.toolbar is set to nil. UINavigationBar's appearance is configured with a preferredBehaviorStyle of .pad when running under Catalyst 16 or later.

Is this a bug or am I missing a flag or something that was introduced to Catalyst/UIKit that I've overlooked? I've also filed a feedback for this issue: FB14000006.

Thank you for your time.

Change in title bar behavior in Catalyst app when building under Xcode 16

Q