Multiple developers on one iPhone

I'm new to iOS development so forgive me if this question sounds naive. I have an iPhone 15 Pro currently registered to a coworker but I would like to test my apps on that iPhone when he is not working on it. In order for me to test on that phone, do I need to wipe that iPhone and re-register under my name? Is there anyway to switch between accounts on the iPhone?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 795544022

What sort of accounts are we talking about here?

If you’re talking about developer accounts then, no, there’s no need to do anything special. A single device can be registered with multiple teams and each team can run test apps on it without taking any special steps.

If you’re talking about the user-level iCloud account on the device, switching those requires you to log out and then log in on the device. However, this is unrelated to your ability to run test apps on the device.

As a concrete example of this:

• I have multiple test devices in my office.

• Some are logged not logged into iCloud, some are logged in as a test user, and some are logged in as my personal user.

• I have multiple development teams, including my individual account for work, a main work team, and a Personal Team.

• I regularly run test apps from different teams on different devices without any grief.

Oh, and just to be clear, while I do work for Apple, I’m not using any Apple magic here. Due to the nature of my job, helping third-party developers, I limit myself to installing the same OSes and tools that Apple distributes to our developers.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

What sort of accounts are we talking about here?

If you’re talking about developer accounts then, no, there’s no need to do anything special. A single device can be registered with multiple teams and each team can run test apps on it without taking any special steps.

If you’re talking about the user-level iCloud account on the device, switching those requires you to log out and then log in on the device. However, this is unrelated to your ability to run test apps on the device.

As a concrete example of this:

• I have multiple test devices in my office.

• Some are logged not logged into iCloud, some are logged in as a test user, and some are logged in as my personal user.

• I have multiple development teams, including my individual account for work, a main work team, and a Personal Team.

• I regularly run test apps from different teams on different devices without any grief.

Oh, and just to be clear, while I do work for Apple, I’m not using any Apple magic here. Due to the nature of my job, helping third-party developers, I limit myself to installing the same OSes and tools that Apple distributes to our developers.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Multiple developers on one iPhone

Q