C++17 support in Xcode 9

Hi,

I downloaded Xcode 9 beta and realised that "std::byte" and "std::variant" are missing, while "std::optional" is still under "experimental/", although support for those types has already been added in Clang and libc++.

Given that, I would like to ask whether there is a timeframe for adding those types in Apple LLVM / Xcode.

Thank you very much, in advance.

Replies

Same issue here, std::variant and std::optional should be supported.

We are also missing these.

Would also like to add my voice to this. Optional is marked as "done" in libc++ 4.0.0, which is the version shipped with latest xcode, but the interface is still not the official one...

Yes, also still waiting for std::optional and std::variant.

Same problem, Apple dont like developers! C++ should be first citizen on MacOS for better performance and battery life.

Hi

I had the same problem, i solved this by simply copying the v1 include files from the latest clang and copy it to Xcode 9.3 beta. A less intrusive solution would have been to symlink. The compiler is the same which is shipped with Xcode 9.3 (beta) but the headers are from the latest clang. Initially I have built the toolchain from sources but I wanted to keep the orginal compiler shipped with Xcode. Problem solved. Hope that helps.

Hi, A pod which fills these headers is published

https://github.com/youknowone/xcode-libcxx

It is May, but still not fixed.