Nearly a month trying to get an update approved. We've missed our launch.

We were supposed to launch about a week ago. Today is September 8, and we're still trying to get our update onto the App Store. Honestly, it's exhausting.

We're the team behind NotBetting (app ID 6737483983). The app has been on the store since December 2024, but the public version is still the one from late June. We've uploaded 32 builds in the last 30 days, including our ongoing development and beta testing. None of that work has reached users as a public App Store update.

After moving the app to our company account on August 14, we waited eight days for a review. That review raised issues with moderation, age-rating metadata, permission wording and questions about our league. We made changes and resubmitted less than five hours after the rejection. Then we waited more than another week.

The next rejection was for a black screen at startup. We investigated what happened when the connection failed and added a clear message and a retry button. We resubmitted just over two hours after the rejection. It took another four days for the next review. We later reported in our earlier forum thread that a subsequent build had been opened successfully.

On September 3, the feedback was about In-App Purchase for tipster subscriptions. Apple had already raised that requirement in July. We've now rebuilt the purchase flow around StoreKit 2, and the current submission includes 122 IAP products. It has been waiting since September 4.

That payment work has been a huge job for us. We're a marketplace: independent sports analysts sell access to their content and services, set their own prices, and receive an agreed share of each sale. We earn the platform's share. We have to account for Apple's commission, local taxes and currencies while still paying each provider correctly, including when a customer uses a discount. Then there are purchase verification, refunds and restoring access. We've also applied for Advanced Commerce API access because our catalogue changes all the time.

Meanwhile, we keep finding and fixing other bugs. A lot can change in a week. The build sitting in the queue stays the same, so we have to keep it working with the backend while developing the next one. We've already had to fix a checkout compatibility problem without replacing the submitted build.

Keeping older versions working is our job. We're doing it. But we're a small team maintaining the June release, the version waiting for review and newer builds at the same time. That takes time, and fixes that need an app update still can't reach our customers.

Today our newer 3.3.4 build has gone into review for TestFlight, while the commercial 3.3.0 submission is still waiting. I understand those are separate reviews. It's still hard to watch testing move forward while the update our customers need sits there.

The hardest part is having no date to work with. We can turn around a fix in hours, then spend days waiting for the next response. Our launch date has already passed. I can't tell people when we'll actually be ready on iOS.

Our last successful submission in June went from submission to release in about 26 hours. This time we've spent weeks going through fixes and resubmissions. I'd really like to know whether our current submission is moving normally, or whether there's something we should be doing to get it unstuck.

If someone from Apple can check, it's NotBetting, app ID 6737483983, version 3.3.0 (188), submitted September 4. And if you've been through this with your own app, what actually helped? We've already posted here before, and we're still trying to get this update out.

Earlier thread: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/843019