Access to Matter “characteristic” in a HomeKit app?

Hi there,

I am working on a (Mac Catalyst) HomeKit my own private application, which observes different characteristics of different accessories. This works (also thanks to the advice here, thanks again to all who helped!) like a charm.

Now I've found that one of my outlets which is connected through Matter supports power consumption (in Home.app), but there is no characteristic for that, all I can see is its power state. Self-evidently, access to the consumption would be something Matter-specific.

At this moment, to save time, I'd rather not study the complete Matter kit in detail if it can be dodged for this particular very limited goal. Is it possible just as simply as possible to read in (if readable) and observe (if observable) those extra Matter characteristics (if any) for an HMAccessory, presumably through its matterNodeID somehow? I'd be grateful for a sample code, if some is available (preferably ObjC, but of course Swift better'n nothing).

Thanks a lot!

Access to Matter “characteristic” in a HomeKit app?
 
 
Q